Eternal Sunshine of Jimmy's Mind

Monday, September 12, 2005

Go you Swannies!!

Darth Vader once said "This will be a day long remembered"

The same can be said about Friday the 9th of September 2005.

The greatest Live sporting event I have ever witnessed in my life, and possibly ever will. The only greater sporting moment I can think of (not live though) was when Australia Tied with South Africa in the world cup cricket to go through to the next round.

Down and out, the hapless swans had me on the brink of tears, had me thinking could the Aussies win the cricket so at least there was some sporting highlight of my weekend and had me thinking, if I leave now, there will be no lines to get out of the carpark.

Enter Nick Davis.

4 goals in the last 12 minutes, one of them on the buzzer, to bring the swannies home by 3 points. The loudest cheer arouse from the crowd. People jumping up, people hugging people they had never met. High fives galore, and smiles from ear to ear all round the ground.

In over 100mins of football, the Swans had scored 3 goals. Yet somehow, they managed to score 4 in the final 12. Go figure.

Till next Friday when the swannies meet St Kilda for a place in the final,

Go you Swannies, go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home