Eternal Sunshine of Jimmy's Mind

Monday, July 11, 2005

World Peace - Now or in Heaven?

I recently had a 'discussion' with my older brother, a non believer (married with two kids). It was the night of Live 8 and after a few enjoyable glasses of Red Wine, he and a good friend agreed that possibly within our lifetime we will achieve 'World Peace' - defined as no Wars, NOT defined as no crime or nor arguements etc. Big difference. However, I disagreed. As long as there is Sin, there will not be Peace.

During the week, the horrifying events in London took place. I recieve an SMS message from my brother saying 'Go World Peace!' tongue in cheek I gather. I replied saying 'I think this weeks events prove my point'. He replies with 'if everyone believed there was NO God, then the world would be a better place', I said "the better place is called Heaven" to which he replied "Heaven is what we make of this earth. We need to love each other to make earth Heaven"

And to that I replied with "Well you better never upset me then, or hurt me, or dissapoint me, because if this is all we have, you better make the most of it"

I am so glad that we have something more to look forward to. That, this is not 'it'. I'm glad that I believe in a God of second chances, that Heaven is not what I can make of it, but rather what the Creator of the universe makes it.

Now that is achieveable "World Peace", and one I know i'm looking forward too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home