Eternal Sunshine of Jimmy's Mind

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Monster of a Film

I can handle a Rom-Com every now and then. I love "Notting Hill". I love "Love Actually". Gosh, I could even handle last years "Shall We Dance". But "Monster In Law", does very little for me.

One might think that Jane Fonda's first film in over 15 years, would be decent. Something which made her come out of retirement cant be bad, right? Well, I get the feeling she might need the money or something.

"Monster In Law" in woeful at best. A Rom-Com, be definition should be romantic and have comedy elements in it. This had neither. Michael Vartin plays the Husband in the film, yet is completley forgotten about. He needed to step up and tell his mum to stop being a big pain in the backside. What? Your telling me he didn't know what she was like? Come on.

Lopez and Vartin have about as much chemistry as chalk and cheese, while Fonda appears to be looking down at Lopez the whole film wondering how she ever got into acting.

So see "Sin City". "Batman Begins" or even "War of the Worlds" 10 times each before seeing this film.

0.5/5

1 Comments:

  • Jim,

    How did you get your links to work!?!?!
    The veteran needs the help of the new guy....in a big way.

    By Blogger Craig Tubman, at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home