Eternal Sunshine of Jimmy's Mind

Monday, November 14, 2005

The Weekend

Thursday

So apparently, Avalon airport in Melbourne is miles away from everything. You would think that if you flew Jetstar, Sydney - Melbourne, you would get to the main airport. Apparently not.
The plane was over an hour late as well. So didn't end up at Luke and Leahs until 10:30pm, after leaving work at 5:00.
Ridiculous.

Friday

After being awoken at about 6:00am to my nephew asking me if I wanted to play with him, I got up at around 10:30. Ventured into the city on a TRAM. Yes, a TRAM. Explored Melbourne. I liked what I saw. Enjoyed some beers with Luke before heading out to dinner with Luke, Leah and Katryna. Have now found my new favourite meal. Pasta with Duck Ragu. It will be my specialty. We then ventured to a bar to end the night with a nice drink.
Saturday
St Kilda has a Luna Park as well.....who would have thought? Makes ours less special really. Josh (my 5 year old nephew) enjoyed it. Not so sure about me. Had lunch at Greasy Joes. FANTASTIC!
Then watched Bewitched in the afternoon. LAME. But enjoyed a great meal again before watching 'Crash'. (Review to come in a few days). A brilliant film. One for the collection.

Sunday

Josh had his b'day party at 'lollipops' which is like a childs play centre. Pretty cute and fun. I packed up and said goodbye before heading into the city to see Katryna at work at her exhibition. I saw 'Wolf Creek' in the arvo. (review to come shortly - but briefly - what's the hype? I mean its good. Very good. But.....anyway).
Then ventured out to 'the paddock' again, also known as Avalon Airport, and met Katryna and Sydney airport.

It's funny how you can do many things over a weekend. But the most enjoyable things, are often the conversations which are had.

Jim

1 Comments:

  • So true there brother! Sounds like a great weekend, but there is something about those conversations. Movies can always be seen, apparently luna parks can always be visited, but those conversations are the keepers!
    Having said that, i agree, crash is great! Intense, but great!
    -Chels

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home