Eternal Sunshine of Jimmy's Mind

Monday, February 13, 2006

Elizabethtown

You see, I really like this film. www.rottentomatoes.com, did not like this film. So I was hesitant to rent it. But I am glad I made the decision in the end.

Let me back up a bit. I had a 2 for 1 deal at Video Ezy. Kat was sick, she had the day off work on Friday, and so I was destined to hire 'Must Love Dogs'. But then it hit me. Kat is sick. We can watch 'Must Love Dogs', she will go to bed and I can hire something I want, like 'The Machinist' or 'Code 46'.

But when I got to the video store, I was drawn to hire 'Elizabethtown'. I felt my hand reaching out for it. That and also it was the last copy there and I always take great pride in taking the last available of something.

So after watching 'Must Love Dogs' (which is open to comments like 'This is a Dog of a film, and no I don't have to love it'), I watched 'Elizabethtown'.

I like Kirsten Dunst, and I like Orlando Bloom. I am quite indifferent to 'Cameron Crowe' and his feature films.

Besides the obvious similarities between this film and 'Garden State' (even to the point of the main character being on a plane at the beginning, and one of the end scenes is everyone being rained on), this film is refreshing.

Characters with intrigue. Battles we can all relate too. A soundtrack worth buying. A witty, yet full of drama script. All equates to a good film.

"Success is the only common God"

I don't know how true that quote is. But, certainly in the 'Western World' it feels true.

Watch this film.

Jim

1 Comments:

  • oo ok that just convinced me that i need to see this film! I saw Must Love Dogs, and it was ok, but not great. And I have heard mixed reviews about Elizabethtown, but now im convinced, it is time to try it for myself!
    P.S>Hope Kat is feeling better soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home