Eternal Sunshine of Jimmy's Mind

Friday, May 09, 2008

Ironman


Ironman

4/5

Was I entertained? Yes.

Did I enjoy it? Yes.

Does it have the emotional depth of a Lima Bean? Yes

This film works because of Robert Downey Jnr. I read reviews saying this, and was curious to see if it was true. It is.

Robert Downey Jnr is Tony Stark AND he is Ironman. It works. It works well.

This is slick Hollywood film making at its best. Special effects look great. Story is strong and simple. Script is witty and fast paced. Direction, top notch.

At the end of the day folks, this is still a Superhero movie, and its a genre I love. Batman Begins, Spiderman, X-men....I love them all.

The clincher here, is that 'The Wife' was very reluctant to go. She had to be dragged, yet she turned to me after the film and said she "loved it".

Fun for everyone.

Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home