Eternal Sunshine of Jimmy's Mind

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Stopping to Think

"Have you ever stopped to think, and forgot to start again?" Anon.

Although I find this quote rather amusing, it seems to ring quite true.

I often catch myself, often at work or on the train, stopping to think about something only to realise I am still thinking about it 20mins later. I will often get on the train at Waitara, and before I know it I am at Town Hall. My time filled with listening to my own thoughts. A concept which is quite funny. I bore most people with my thoughts, yet I have to put up with them for a whole eternity.

In bible Study on Tuesday night, we explored 1 Corinthians 1:18, the idea that the message of the cross is foolish to those who don't believe it, but to those who do, its the power of God.

My thoughts have been occupied since this time, with 3 points.

1) How thankful I am that to me the message is the power of God.

2) What will it take for those who find this message foolish, in time, to find this message the power of God; and

3) What am I going to do about it.

Now that you have stopped to think about this, will you ever start again?

Jim

1 Comments:

  • I can so relate to that - what is it about trains and the mind wanderings?!...
    I think those are three good thoughts to actually stop and think about Jim!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home