Eternal Sunshine of Jimmy's Mind

Monday, May 15, 2006

My Gripe

I was at the Rugby on the weekend, Waratah's vs Hurricanes (and no my gripe is not about how the 'Tahs cant win even though they have 80% of the ball and the other team is a man down for 20mins of the game), and I found a new trend to be awfully frustrating.


I admit I have probably done this in the past, but I will change my ways.


Why must people stand up in the middle of the game, talk on their mobile, and try to see if their friend, who is also somewhere in the crowd, can see him/her?


The once sided conversation usually goes like this:


"Gaz, how are ya mate?"
" Yeah, great game"
"Im sitting under the scoreboard. What about you"
"Really? Stand up and I'll see if I can see you"
"Yeah, there you are. You got me?"
"Nah, to the left of that"
"Im wearing a Waratah's Jersey"
"I AM standing up. I'm waving like an idiot!"
"Yeah, yeah, I can see you. No, no look to your left mate"
"You (insert expletive here)!"
"Call me back if you end up seeing me"


In the meantime, everyone around this person has missed the game because they can either not see it, or cant concentrate beyond inconsiderate person's voice.


If this is you. Please stop.


Jim

6 Comments:

  • Classic.

    Damn fools should stick to thugby league.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 PM  

  • Fools...

    Hang on, I've done that.

    Oops.

    By Blogger Justin, at 6:14 AM  

  • classic rant Jimmy. Love a rant. And thats worthy of a rant.

    By Blogger Camel, at 5:51 PM  

  • Get over it mate. stop your whinging and get on with life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:54 AM  

  • It must be fun being anonymous and having a go at someone. Makes you feel....'big'?

    By Blogger Jim, at 2:02 AM  

  • i think i agree with anon Jim.

    -AY

    PS i'm also likely to do that

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home