Eternal Sunshine of Jimmy's Mind

Monday, February 27, 2006

The Greatest Compliment

As per Lunch's post, 24 hours of my weekend was spent in the mountains with a bunch of Men at Katoomba Mens convention. Good times and good laughs had by many. There is nothing like Beasley flogging a dead horse. "Do you like the Waifs?"

But apart from that, I was struck. I was struck with a thought that maybe I should have known a long time ago. Maybe, this is obvious to everyone. Maybe, I am just a little slow.

But out of all the things I learnt from my time away, the following struck me the most.

What is the greatest compliment someone can give you?

Obviously at a Christian event you know things like looks, humour and intellect are not what the answer is going to be.

But I thought, something like, your so loving, or so generous, or so humble or something along those line.

But can you imagine if someone could actually say to you "When I hang out with you, I get a glimpse of Jesus".

This, my friends, is the greatest compliment you could ever receive, and I hope and pray that one day someone will be able to say it to me.

It will take work. But the work starts now.

Jim

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home