Eternal Sunshine of Jimmy's Mind

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Crash

"It's the sense of touch. In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something."

The above is a quote from the recently crowned, Best Film of the Year, Crash.

Crash is a deserving winner. I have not seen brokeback Mountain, but I liked Crash allot, and would find it hard that Brokeback would be better (big call I know).

The above quote rings true to me. I have not been to L.A, so I cant comment on whether its true for L.A (I suspect it is). But to me, its true of all of us. The human touch carries power and emotions with it. Being in the real world, is touching it, or even being in touch with it. We need this.

Without it, we might just need to crash into something, in order to feel anything.

Jim

1 Comments:

  • yeah i totally think it deserves the win! Also havent seen all the other contendants, but crash was great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home