Eternal Sunshine of Jimmy's Mind

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Preaching on Possessions

I had the great privilege of giving the sermon at 645 on Sunday night.

It can be heard here, if you would like to listen.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts, positive and helpful.

The passage was Luke 12:13-34, the story of The Rich Fool.

I was challenged myself on my view of possessions, and why I cling to them so much.

Jesus' massive call in vs 33 to 'sell your possessions and give to the poor' was a part in the passage I struggled with most.

To be honest, I'm not sure I dealt with it as well as I had of hoped, but it wasn't from a lack of trying or seeking the meaning.

Keen to hear your thoughts on this massive challenge from Jesus.

Jim

P.s Sorry for long gap between posts, but have been very busy with work and sermon prep. Will post a review for 'The Dark Knight' as soon as I have seen it, which will hopefully be in the next couple of days! Very excited.

3 Comments:

  • Will listen soon!

    By Blogger Justin, at 12:48 PM  

  • Jimmy,
    Just finished Dark Knight and listening to your sermon.

    Good work man...sadly Dark Knight was better...Batman didn't come up once in your sermon, I did like the fightclub reference....cheeky.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:02 PM  

  • Yeah, Robbo. Once I post my Dark Knight review, you will see my praise for it.

    I will try and wriggle Batman into the next sermon I do!

    By Blogger Jim, at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home